We had a live interactive chat on March 3rd with Dr. Graham Edgar and Stuart Kininmonth on their new paper in Nature, Global conservation outcomes depend on marine protected areas with five key features. Click here to read the archive.
Now archived! Live Interactive Chat: Global conservation outcomes depend on marine protected areas with five key features
Editor's Picks of the Week
Click here to read the OpenChannels Weekly Update archives.
- Job - Postdoctoral Position: Human Dimensions of Tidal Energy; University of Washington, School of Marine and Environmental Affairs
- Literature - Overview of the status of the network of Baltic Sea marine protected areas
- Grant/RFP - RFP for Documentary Creation
- Blog - The Importance of Storytelling in Conservation Efforts
- Video - Econ 120: Two-Minute Economic Lessons (Ecosystem Services)
- News - Marine reserves planned around commercial interests
- Global Ocean Refuge System to Protect Marine Life Worldwide (GLORES) by Lance Morgan of the Marine Conservation Institute - Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 1 pm EST / 10 am PST / 5 pm GMT
- Webinar on a Toolkit for Engaging Local Communities in MPA Management by Matt Ferris-Smith, Samantha Miller, Joe Otts, and Michelle Zilinkskas of the University of Michigan - Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 1 pm EDT / 10 am PDT / 6 pm GMT
Literature Library Updates
Click here to read the OpenChannels Literature Update archives.