We are very pleased to announce the launch of a new email-based discussion forum for the marine protected area community: the MPA List. Created by MPA News and OpenChannels, the MPA List provides a simple way for managers, researchers, and others to share knowledge, discuss current issues, and stay up-to-date on the latest news and announcements. For more information and to join the listserv, please visit http://openchannels.org/community/mpalist.
Looking for information on Marine Protected Areas? Join MPA List
Editor's Picks of the Week
Click here to read the OpenChannels Weekly Update archives.
- Video - Slow Life
- Job - Marine Conservation Research Analyst; Synchronicity Earth
- Webinar - Toolkit for Engaging Local Communities in MPA Management
- Blog - Tensions between achieving good environmental status and blue growth in Europe's seas are increasing?
- Literature - Evidence for protection of targeted reef fish on the largest marine reserve in the Caribbean
- News - MMO updates MPA strategic management table
- Grant/RFP - RFP to Develop a Regional Ocean Planning Baseline Assessment for the Northeastern United States
- Listening to our Sanctuaries: Understanding and Reducing the Impacts of Underwater Noise in Marine Protected Areas - Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 1 pm EDT / 10 am PDT / 5 pm GMT
- Preparing for Disaster at MPAs - Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 1 pm EDT / 10 am PDT / 5 pm GMT
- Building Capacity to Sustainably Manage Increasing Recreational Uses in MPAs - Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 1 pm EDT / 10 am PDT / 5 pm GMT
- A Climate-Smart Approach to Adaptive Management of North-central California Coast and Ocean Habitats, Species, and Ecosystem Services - Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 1 pm EDT / 10 am PDT / 5 pm GMT
Literature Library Updates
Click here to read the OpenChannels Literature Update archives.